It has been a long hot Summer here in Southern California. We have seen the market get stronger and home values rise. We are finally approaching Pre-Crisis values in the Riverside area and we couldn’t be more excited!
Homeowners everywhere are looking to increase their homes’ value while keeping costs under control. If you are looking for a cost effective project to boost your homes’ value this Labor Day, here are 5 great, low cost projects to boost your homes’ value and appeal.
1. Kitchen Backsplash- My wife and I recently added a stone backsplash to our kitchen and it looks phenomenal! At a total cost under $500 (including a new tile saw) we have given our kitchen some new character and style!
2. Outdoor Landscaping- We also recently added a retaining wall which we will clad in stone to give a rustic Tuscan look to match the design of our home. Being skilled in masonry, I was able to build a 3ft wall, 60ft in length for under $750. With the stone, wall caps and lighting I plan to add, the total cost will be about $3,000. This could easily be upwards of $10,000 if done by a contractor so by doing it myself I will be able to add a ton of value without the hefty price tag
3. Trim Painting- Our home is almost ten years now and you can start to see the builder grade paint starting to fade. By reprinting the trim, we will be able to bring it back to life while adding curb appeal as well. We will likely do this ourselves as well since then it would only involve the cost of paint and materials. It will improve the overall look of our home while preserving the wood beneath.
4. Crown Molding- This project is one that you can do yourself, but we will use a contractor since the cost of a professional crown molding job is quite reasonable. We have bullnose corners and high, vaulted ceilings so this is one area that we will splurge on a contractor. The total cost for our 3,000sf home will be around $4,000 but will add designer style to the interior of our home.
5. Wood Pergola- Being that I have the skill set to built my own, I took it upon my self to build a 12ft by 24ft pergola over my stamped concrete pad. The total materials were under $1,000 and it does double duty as shade and architectural appeal.
Any of these projects can be completed over the Labor Day weekend and are sure to boost your homes’ value and appeal! Please feel free to subscribe to our Blog for Real Estate News, Tips, and Ideas. Thanks!